Overview of Oil and Gas Industry – 3 Course Bundle
What you will learn
In this 3 hour course, you will learn about the Upstream, Midstream and Downstream segments of the Oil and Gas industry through 11 modules:
- Introduction to Upstream
- Introduction to Exploration
- Introduction to Drilling
- Introduction to Production
- Introduction to Midstream
- Introduction to Natural Gas
- Introduction to LNG
- Introduction to Downstream
- Introduction to Refining
- Introduction to Supply & Trade
- Introduction to Product Marketing
This Oil and Gas 101 bundle includes 3 courses to help you gain an overview of the Oil and Gas industry: Introduction to Upstream, Introduction to Midstream and Introduction to Downstream.
With these courses anyone looking to join or do business with the oil and gas industry, or those working in one of the sectors of the industry will gain a 360-degree overview of the entire supply chain in an easy to follow non-technical video sequence.
In about 3 hours, you will learn the basic concepts that will allow you to be a part of the conversation of the most important industry that powers our modern world. The course bundle covers business characteristics of each sector and how one impacts the other, the main players, technology, geopolitical forces, perspectives of the past, present and future and much more.
- We assume no previous knowledge of the industry.
CurriculumIntroduction to Upstream:
- Exploration and Production (E&P),
- Drilling and “Unconventional” Techniques,
- Upstream Business Characteristics,
- Important Players and Participants in Upstream,
- The Oilfield Services Industry.
- What Exploration is,
- The Importance of Reserve Replacement,
- Obtaining Access to Reserves,
- How Seismic is used to Improve Success,
- Wildcat Well Evaluation,
- The Appraisal Investment Decision,
- A Historical Perspective on Exploration Methods.
- What Drilling is,
- Well Design Basics and the AFE,
- Key Components of Drilling Operations,
- Completing the Well,
- Stimulations and Hydraulic Fracturing,
- The Importance of Mechanical Functions,
- Connections and the Wellhead,
- Typical US Drilling and Completion Costs,
- A Historical Perspective on Oil Field Services.
- What Production Is,
- Managing Production Costs,
- The Key Production Challenges,
- Enhanced Oil Recovery,
- Surface Equipment,
- Subsurface Equipment,
- Well Maintenance,
- Historical Development.
- The four key business characteristics of Midstream,
- The key participants in the US, especially Master Limited Partnerships, known as “MLPs”,
- The main operating components of midstream.
- What is Natural Gas,
- How Does Natural Gas Occur,
- Uses of Natural Gas,
- Important Gas Terminology,
- The Gas and Oil Industry; Historical perspective.
- The LNG Supply Chain,
- FLNG Facilities,
- Storage and Transportation,
- Regasification & FSRUs,
- Global supply-demand patterns.
- Downstream Business Characteristics,
- Downstream Participants,
- Refining Fundamentals,
- Typical End-user Products,
- Refined Products Marketing.
- What is Crude Oil,
- Why we Refine Crude Oil,
- The Refining Distillation Process,
- What are Petroleum Products,
- Refinery Maintenance and Turnarounds,
- The Historic Evolution of Refining.
- What is Supply and Trading, or S&T,
- The Importance of Logistics Hubs,
- A Typical S&T Organization,
- Time Trades,
- Global Spot Markets,
- Pricing Services,
- Price Volatility and Hedging Definitions,
- Futures Trading Exchanges,
- Hedging Contract Types,
- Matching Physical and Paper Trades,
- The Key Driver of Wholesale Prices,
- A Historical Perspective.
- What is product marketing,
- The Wholesale Marketing Channel,
- The Retail Channel and Site Formats,
- Why Retail Gasoline Prices Change so Much,
- A Historical Perspective,
- The Future Uncertainty of Retail Automotive Stations.
- This course is geared towards:
- Young Industry Professional,
- IT personnel,
- Supporting staff and shared services personnel
- Energy Industry Consultants,
- Business Professionals,
- Project Teams,
- Government professionals,
- Anyone looking to learn more about the Oil and Gas industry.
Specification: Overview of Oil and Gas Industry – 3 Course Bundle
About the Publisher
2 reviews for Overview of Oil and Gas Industry – 3 Course Bundle
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted