Applied Petroleum Reservoir Engineering
What you will learn
- Basic concepts, tools, and techniques to analyze well performance and manage a petroleum reservoir.
- Apply the material balance approach to calculate hydrocarbon in place in all four reservoir types.
- Calculate reservoir flow rates using Darcy’s Law.
- Match production history to a model and predict future production rates.
In this 6-hour video course, renowned expert Dr. Ron Terry will review the history of reservoir engineering, define key terms, carefully introduce the material balance approach, and show how to apply it with many types of reservoirs.
Next, he introduces key principles of fluid flow, water influx, and advanced recovery (including hydraulic fracturing). Throughout, he presents field examples demonstrating the use of material balance and history matching to predict reservoir performance. For the first time, this edition relies on Microsoft Excel with VBA to make calculations easier and more intuitive.
The course is based on the book Applied Petroleum Reservoir Engineering which has been fully updated for new technologies and methods, preparing students and practitioners to succeed in the modern Oil and Gas industry.
The book is not required for completion and understanding of this course.
Advanced math and computer skills are NOT required. Knowledge of Algebra and Microsoft Excel will be sufficient.
- Introduction to Petroleum Reservoirs and Reservoir Engineering
- Review of Rock and Fluid Properties
- The General Material Balance Equation
- Single-Phase Gas Reservoirs
- Gas-Condensate Reservoirs
- Undersaturated Oil Reservoirs
- Saturated Oil Reservoirs
- Single-Phase Fluid Flow in Reservoirs
- Water Influx
- The Displacement of Oil and Gas
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- History Matching
Target AudienceThis course is for students and practitioners interested in reservoir engineering.
Specification: Applied Petroleum Reservoir Engineering
About the Publisher
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted