Introduction to Upstream
What you will learn
In this short course, you will learn about the Upstream segment of the Oil and Gas industry through 4 modules:
- Introduction to Upstream
- Introduction to Exploration
- Introduction to Drilling
- Introduction to Production
The upstream segment of the oil and gas industry also known as Exploration and Production (E&P) is probably the most recognizable stage in the crude oil lifecycle. Whether you’ve seen oil rigs, derricks on the side of the road or platforms on the ocean, those are all elements of upstream. But much of it happens underground or below sea level, far from what most people ever get to see. Not to mention the complex business and geopolitics surrounding Exploration and Production of oil and gas.
This course is the perfect introduction to the Upstream segment of the oil and gas industry. We will start with an overview of upstream and then dive into exploration, drilling and production. We will discuss characteristics of E&P, important players both on the operation and service sides of the industry, conventional and unconventional explorations and much more.
We assume that you have no prior knowledge of oil and gas. While you may take it as a stand alone course, it’s highly recommended that you also take the midstream and downstream courses which will help you understand where the crude goes after exploration and production.
A quiz is included at the end of the course to help you validate the knowledge gained. Upon successful completion, you will earn a certification and 1 hr Professional Development Hour (PDH).
CurriculumIntroduction to Upstream:
- Exploration and Production (E&P),
- Drilling and “Unconventional” Techniques,
- Upstream Business Characteristics,
- Important Players and Participants in Upstream,
- The Oilfield Services Industry.
- What Exploration is,
- The Importance of Reserve Replacement,
- Obtaining Access to Reserves,
- How Seismic is used to Improve Success,
- Wildcat Well Evaluation,
- The Appraisal Investment Decision,
- A Historical Perspective on Exploration Methods.
- What Drilling is,
- Well Design Basics and the AFE,
- Key Components of Drilling Operations,
- Completing the Well,
- Stimulations and Hydraulic Fracturing,
- The Importance of Mechanical Functions,
- Connections and the Wellhead,
- Typical US Drilling and Completion Costs,
- A Historical Perspective on Oil Field Services.
- What Production Is,
- Managing Production Costs,
- The Key Production Challenges,
- Enhanced Oil Recovery,
- Surface Equipment,
- Subsurface Equipment,
- Well Maintenance,
- Historical Development.
Target AudienceThis course is geared towards:
- IT personnel,
- Supporting staff and shared services personnel
- Energy Consultants,
- Business Professionals,
- Project Teams,
- Government professionals,
- Anyone looking to learn more about the Oil and Gas industry.
Specification: Introduction to Upstream
About the Publisher
- EKT Interactive
- Store Name: EKT Interactive
- EKT Interactive’s senior leadership team draws on decades of industry experience and a passion for educating to guide the company towards its goal of being the go-to place for learning about the ene... Read More > Read More
1 review for Introduction to Upstream
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
sharada akshinthala (verified owner) –