Shale Oil Characterization
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
What you will learn
- Better characterize and understand your shale oil reservoir.
- The detrimental effects of clays (swelling clays) on rock stimulation and learn about the remedial steps to reduce their affects.
- What tools and data are indispensable for obtaining useful reservoir characterization.
- The process of data integration to assess and evaluate vertical heterogeneity and presence of movable hydrocarbons.
- Identify potential horizontal target intervals with high porosity and rich movable hydrocarbons saturations.
The course is designed to help you to better understand shale oil reservoirs. It provides a method to improve your workflows to better suit your tight oil play. You will find that methods that worked for shale gas plays will not work for shale oil plays.
Fundamental understanding of logging tools
- Core issue with quantification of movable oil and identification of oil rich intervals.
- Fundamentals including evolution of organic matter content, porosity and clay mineralogy with thermal maturity.
- Challenges due to clay diagenesis, or lack thereof.
- Clay swelling and its impact on rock mechanical property.
- Ways to help mitigate related challenges during hydraulic stimulation.
- Wireline log methods that do not and ones that do work for shale oil play characterization.
Target AudienceThe course provides an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge and is best suited for professionals in the areas of Geology, Geophysics and Reservoir engineering who are involved in shale oil play assessment, appraisal and development.
Specification: Shale Oil Characterization
About the Publisher