From Qualitative to Quantitative Interpretation
What you will learn
- Interpretation of deep-water turbidites discernible in 3-D seismic inversion data within a geological context.
- Reservoir characterization technique that facilitates calibration of elastic attributes to sand.
- Interpretation of seismic anomalies to predict prevailing fluid type(s).
- Suggestions for visualization of quantitative results.
This course places the interpretation of deep-water turbidites discernible in 3-D seismic inversion data within a geological context. It will include multiple case studies, four of which are located in the Gulf of Guinea (one Pliocene plus Cretaceous examples). One such case study (undisclosed location) features a reservoir characterization technique that facilitates calibration of elastic attributes to sand. The remainder of the workshop will focus on interpretation of seismic anomalies to predict prevailing fluid type(s). This tutorial will also offer suggestions for visualization of quantitative results.
- Integrated analysis of geophysical data
- Challenges in interpreting deep-water turbidites
- Seismic Data Conditioning: Why conditioning of seismic amplitude data matters - taking a quick look at your gathers, stacks and attributes
- Types of 3-D seismic inversion techniques
- Calibrating elastic attributes to reservoir sand
- Techniques for placing attributes from simultaneous inversion into a viable geological context
- Example 1: Gulf of Guinea (Pliocene)
- Example 2: Gulf of Guinea (Cretaceous): Joint interpretation of impedances
- Example 3: Gulf of Guinea (Cretaceous): QI using Fundamental Statistics
- Example 4: Gulf of Guinea (Cretaceous):
- Elastic data versus compaction effect;
- Quantitative interpretation using rock physics;
- Facies classification
Target AudienceThis course is ideal for geologists and geophysicists, both in industry and academia. Materials covered will be valuable to both explorationists and exploitationists.
Specification: From Qualitative to Quantitative Interpretation
About the Publisher