8 – Lithology Models
What you will learn
You will learn first how to do a visual lithology analysis using gamma ray, density, neutron, and photo electric log curves. Including:
- Understanding of various lithology models
- Learn step-by-step procedures for calculations
- “Computer-ready” mathematics
- Practice with exercises and worked examples for further study
This quantitative course continues coverage of basic petrophysical analysis by reviewing the 2- and 3-mineral models used to determine mineralogy of the rock sequence. You will review the mathematical solutions to the various models as an “awareness campaign” so you will be familiar with their use in modern computer software. A visual exercise is used to illustrate the topic.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, courses 1 to 7 OR equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and well logging.
- Visual Analysis for Lithology
- Compatible Scale Logs
- Exercise 4
- Quantitative Analysis for Lithology
- 2- and 3- Mineral Models
- Pickett Plots
- Effect of Lithology on Water Saturation Parameters
Target AudienceThose who wish to become proficient in petrophysical analysis or who need to manage or make use of petrophysical results will benefit from this course, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Completion engineers,
- Stimulation engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 8 – Lithology Models
About the Publisher
- Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- Store Name: Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- E. R. (Ross) Crain, P.Eng. is a retired Consulting Petrophysicist and Professional Engineer living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. In a career that spans 50+ years, he has specialized in integrated petro... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “8 – Lithology Models”
You must be logged in to post a review.