22 – Log Editing
What you will learn
- Methods for editing and modeling of sonic and density logs
- “Computer ready” mathematics
- Insight into how log analysis can support geophysical models
This course provides quantitative methods for editing and modeling sonic and density logs for use in seismic modeling and interpretation purposes. You will learn the specialized techniques used to overcome effects caused by bad hole conditions, gas and light hydrocarbons, missing log curves, and other annoying problems. Seismic models and synthetic seismograms are worthless if the input log data is not as close to the truth as possible. Numerous examples and case histories are included.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Lectures 1 to 13 and 21 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and well logging.
- Log Editing Concepts
- Modeling Sonic and Density with Response Equation
- Seismic Check Shots
- Editing Sonic Logs With SRS and VSP Data
- Modeling Sonic and Density Logs With Trend Data
- Modeling Sonic and Density Logs From Resistivity
- Modeling Sonic and Density Logs From Neutron and Gamma Ray
- Modeling Sonic and Density Logs With Regression
- Modeling the Sonic Log Response From Biot-Gassmann Equations
- Gardner?s Model for Density from Sonic
- Exercise 22
Target AudienceThose who need to generate log analysis results in aid of seismic modeling, synthetic seismograms, seismic inversion, or AVO models, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 22 – Log Editing
About the Publisher
- Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- Store Name: Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- E. R. (Ross) Crain, P.Eng. is a retired Consulting Petrophysicist and Professional Engineer living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. In a career that spans 50+ years, he has specialized in integrated petro... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “22 – Log Editing”
You must be logged in to post a review.