1 – Introduction to Petrophysics
What you will learn
This course provides foundation for all future courses in this series plus basic definitions of important terms. It also gives an overview of the broad topic of well logs and petrophysics.
This course is the first step into the adventure of Petrophysics. It is the introduction part of the series of 39 courses developed by Ross Crain covering Practical Integrated Petrophysical Analysis.
“Everyone in the oil and gas industry, from novice geologist to the President, should know the basics of petrophysics”. – Ross Crain
These lectures have been time-tested in major and independent oil companies, government agencies, consulting firms, oilfield service companies, and the university classroom.
An open mind and a desire to excel in the oil and gas industry. Basic understanding of geology is helpful but not required.
- What is Integrated Petrophysics?
- What is a Log?
- Recording Logs at the Well site
- What Do Logs Look Like?
- What Logs Are Available?
- What Answers Can We Get From Logs?
- Uses of Log Analysis Answers
- Some Real World Examples
Target AudienceThose who wish to become proficient in petrophysical analysis or who need to manage or make use of petrophysical results will benefit from this course, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Completion engineers,
- Stimulation engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 1 – Introduction to Petrophysics
About the Publisher
- Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- Store Name: Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- E. R. (Ross) Crain, P.Eng. is a retired Consulting Petrophysicist and Professional Engineer living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. In a career that spans 50+ years, he has specialized in integrated petro... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “1 – Introduction to Petrophysics”
You must be logged in to post a review.