18 – Dipmeter Tools
What you will learn
- Understanding of how dipmeter and image logs really work
- Understanding of how processing parameters affect results
- Calculations needed to manipulate dip data
This course covers the topics needed to understand dipmeter and image log data acquisition and processing. You will learn how processing parameters affect dip results and how to select and quality control parameters to obtain dip angles that are meaningful in a particular geological environment. You will also learn the specialized knowledge needed to calculate dip rotation, true vertical depth, true stratigraphic thickness, and more. Illustrated with numerous examples specific to each topic.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Lectures 1 to 13 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and well logging.
- Introduction To Dip and Image Logs
- Evolution of the Dipmeter Concept
- Modern Dipmeters
- Basic Continuous Dipmeter Calculations
- High Resolution Dipmeter
- Determining Dip By Clustering and Pooling
- Pattern Recognition Dip Calculations
- Stratigraphic High Resolution Dipmeter
- Formation Imaging From Dipmeters
- Resistivity Microscanner Imaging
- Dipmeter Advisor - An Expert System
- Auxiliary Dipmeter Presentations
- Dip Subtraction and Rotation
- True Stratigraphic and True Vertical Thickness
- True Vertical Depth
- Exercise 18
Target AudienceThose who wish to understand the wealth of useful information buried in dipmeter and image logs, especially those hidden away unused in existing well files, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 18 – Dipmeter Tools
About the Publisher
- Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- Store Name: Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- E. R. (Ross) Crain, P.Eng. is a retired Consulting Petrophysicist and Professional Engineer living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. In a career that spans 50+ years, he has specialized in integrated petro... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “18 – Dipmeter Tools”
You must be logged in to post a review.