Communication Skills for Project Managers
What you will learn
Once the course has been viewed and notes and exercises have been taken, project managers will have a much clearer idea of how they now communicate and what they’ll need to do to more wisely communicate in the future.
Better Project Management through Better Communication is a short, one-hour course that takes a unique look at communication, at what causes communication to break down and how project managers can use communication to more effectively and efficiently move their projects along and more comfortably and confidently work with their project teams and stakeholders.
The course takes managers through a series of stories and scenarios to remind them of what makes managers strong, consistent and dependable communicators and provides them with exercises to help them better assess their individual communication strengths and weaknesses.
CurriculumPart 1: Why Project Managers don't communicate
- Communication Deficiency Syndrome (CDS)
- Understanding CDS
- 12 Steps to eliminating CDS
- Connectivity - the communication cycle (with workplace examples and exercise)
- Connectivity - communication 'disruptive interferences' (noises)
- 3 ways to reduce or eliminate noise
- 6 tools to better control and monitor the flow of communication between Project Managers and their teams
- What makes Project Managers outstanding communicators, part 1 - 3 things they do that others don?t (with workplace examples and exercises)
- What makes Project Managers outstanding communicators, part 2 - definition
- Project Managers
- Project leaders
- Project Team
- Frontline Managers
- PMO Leaders
Specification: Communication Skills for Project Managers
About the Publisher