Communication Tools for Leaders and Mentors
1 Year 24/7
What you will learn
This program will prepare leaders and mentors to retain top geoscience talent in the face of a looming technical talent shortage. It puts the tools for retention in the hands of those closest to the problem and most likely to affect the outcome. These Essential Conversations are low tech, high touch in-depth and long-term. They lay the foundation for key retention factors:
- Value-based, long-term career goals;
- Improved job fit and increased job satisfaction;
- Higher levels of personal performance;
- Increased power and influence through enhanced networking;
- Anticipation of the future through personal scenario planning;
- The conversations can also catalyze the discovery of hidden talents.
Effective communication is vital in effective geoscience teams. Without it, poor decisions are made and morale slips, and individuals start looking for different opportunities. Leaders and mentors can increase their impact on retention of talent by engaging professionals in focused conversations. The purpose of this course is to go beyond the short-term and think into the future.
This seminar describes these conversations as a series of questions to be explored: What defines you? What drives you? How large is your network? Can you access everything you need? How are you positioned? What is your creative domain? What is your Plan B… and Plan C? These are questions that only need to be answered once. The answers do not become obsolete. But they need to be explored in some depth. It is a long-term investment by all parties; just as retention is a long-term issue. The conversations are also the basis for a final critical retention ingredient – mutual trust. The expense of time and effort will pay off, and is certainly preferable to the high cost of attrition.
Specification: Communication Tools for Leaders and Mentors
1 Year 24/7
- Essential Conversations
- Value-based, Need-driven Career Goals
- What Drives You?
- Job Fit
- Networking as a Source of Power and Influence
- Positioning Professionals
- Creative Domain
- Managing Transition and Uncertainty
- Personal Scenario Planning
- Personal Career Profile
- Low-Tech, High Touch, In-Depth, Long-Term
Target AudienceThose who have a stake in retention of top talent, including:
- Geoscience managers;
- Leaders and mentors; and
- Geoscience professionals
About the Publisher