EPC Sales and Proposals
What you will learn
You will learn Upon completion, participants will gain a better understanding of the importance and complexity of the “Sales/Proposal Process” within EPC firm and the key elements and procedures required to maintain or improve successful outcomes.
EPC Sales and Proposals is a two-day course for improving your business skills and probable outcomes, aimed at achieving continued success by professionals in the Energy and Infrastructure business arena for those engaged in selling, business development, proposals, and support activities for the capture of EPC Projects and EPC Services.
This seminar will identify and discuss the key components and steps in the pursuit of the sale of EPC projects and EPC services e.g. prospect identification, ranking, deciding to bid or not to bid, key steps in the proposal preparation process, approach to pricing, and selling approach. The course outline is shown below. The course will include several exercises over the two-day period. Participants will receive copies of the presentation and supplemental materials.
The course will be taught by Richard Olliver and Martin Van Sickels who will be sharing with you the benefits of lessons learned combined over 80 years as a Sales/Business Development/Proposal Preparation Professionals in the international Engineering and Construction arena.
Event Locations and Dates:
Contact us for Locations and Dates at [email protected]
The course will be conducted over two consecutive days. Continental breakfast, lunch, and mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshments are included.
* This course is available for in-company delivery.
CurriculumDay 1: Selling and Business Development for EPC Projects and Services
- Importance of Selling & Business Development (BD) for EPC in the Energy Industry?
- What is Selling & Business Development (BD)?
- What is Successful Selling & BD (On the Surface)?
- What is Successful Selling & BD (Behind the Scenes)?
- Who is the SELLER in the Energy Industry?
- Who is the BUYER in the Energy Industry?
- What are the various types of Clients in the Energy Industry?
- What are the various types of SERVICES being sold in the Energy Industry?
- What are the core issues that every SALES person must deal with?!
- What does the overall Energy EPC Services Market look like?
- What is the actual role (Responsibility & Accountability) of the Sales/BD person in the EPC Industry?
- What is the SELLING/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROCESS in the EPC Industry?
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- How do you plan and prepare a QUALIFICATIONS PACKAGE, BID or COMMERCIAL PROPOSAL?
- What happens when you WIN?
- What happens when you LOSE?
- Why are Proposals important for Successful Selling in the EPC Industry?
- Key Meetings
- Winning Strategy
- Proposal Plan & Kick-off
- Midpoint Progress Review
- Executive Management Midpoint Review
- Peer (Red/Blue) Team Review
- Operations Review
- Executive Management Final Review
- Pricing Review by Pricing Review Committee
- Executive Management Pricing Review
- Major Proposal Preparation Activities
- Assign Proposal Core Team
- Identify Clients Wants & Needs
- Identify Proposal Deliverables
- Prepare Proposal Strategy
- Create Proposal Plan & Hold Kick-off Meeting
- Define Proposal Work Tasks
- Prepare Project Scope of Work
- Develop Project Execution Plans
- Prepare Risk Analysis
- Prepare Commercial Elements
- Assemble Technical Definition
- Create Technical Proposal
- Develop Total Project Cost
- Create Un-Priced Commercial Proposal
- Employees of EPC firms who are currently engaged in Marketing, Sales, BD or Proposal activities, including anyone involved directly or indirectly in the EPC selling process e.g. sales/BD activities, determining what to bid, proposal preparation, costing and pricing, commercial terms, sale and follow up.
- Professionals or trainees in Marketing, Sales/BD, Proposals, Project/Program Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Technology, Commercial, Legal, Financial and Quality Assurance.
- Employees of EPC Owner/Operator customers who select and evaluate bids from EPC firms.
- Organizations looking to sell products and services to oil and gas companies.
Specification: EPC Sales and Proposals
About the Publisher