Cased Hole Formation Evaluation
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you will have a better understanding of basic concepts, tool physics and interpretation using normal two detector pulsed neutron (PN) tool and multi-detector pulsed neutron tool for cased hole reservoir saturation evaluation. You will also be able to calculate porosity and lithology.
This course on Cased Hole Formation Evaluation covers basic concepts, tool physics and interpretation using normal two detector pulsed neutron (PN) tool and multi-detector pulsed neutron tool for cased hole reservoir saturation evaluation.
We will also teach how to use porosity and lithology indicator from pulsed neutron tool to calculate porosity and lithology and basic principles behind it.
Very informative course covering cased hole formation evaluation/pulsed neutron logging including physics of measurement, job planning, logging modes and inelastic interpretation methods used by different service companies in concise manner. Special mention for section 2 where trainer starts with physics of measurement, goes to explain working of pulsed neutron source and than explains significance of detectors, detector characteristics, detector selection criteria and their effect on inelastic C/O data. Information’s provided in section 2 & 3 can be very helpful in successful job planning and vendor selection. Finally overview of C/O interpretation methods from different service companies in section 4 is informative. Great learning experience, Good work Petrolessons team. – T. DUTTA
- Introduction of Cased hole formation evaluation
- Introduction of pulsed neutron technology
- Pulsed neutron tool physics
- Pulsed neutron tools available in industry from different vendors
- Pulsed neutron detectors in Industry used by different vendors
- Introduction to pulsed neutron Capture mode and Inelastic modes
- Water flow logs from oxygen activation mode
- Density,Porosity and lithology from pulsed neutron tool
- Petroleum Engineer,
- Reservoir Engineer, and
- Officials from operators responsible for designing reservoir monitoring jobs
Specification: Cased Hole Formation Evaluation
About the Publisher