Oilfield Water Management
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Saad Ibrahim, P. E.
What you will learn
- How reduce the operating costs of different activities of the oil business, including hydraulic fracturing and Enhanced Oil Recovery
- How to protect fresh/drinking water whether it is at surface or subsurface.
- Various water disposal options for waste water in oil and gas operations.
- Concept of water recycling/reclaiming in the oil field
- The rules and regulations set by the of regulatory agencies regarding water disposal.
Water is a vital part of our daily life and also an important component for many industries, including oil and gas, manufacturing, mining etc. Since water is a crucial resource, it is essential to learn how to protect and manage oilfield water whether it is at surface or subsurface.
This Oilfield Water Management course, will include basic water background including health issues, location, terminologies followed by usage of water in oil and gas production, various water disposal options of waste water, concepts of water recycling/reclaiming with common techniques to preserve water resources and reduce the operating costs of different activities of the oil business, including hydraulic fracturing and Enhanced Oil Recovery. A special chapter on the rules and regulations set by the of regulatory agencies regarding water disposal will also be covered.
A course hand-out which is an excellent oilfield water management reference will be provided.
Event Locations and Dates:
Contact us for Locations and Dates at [email protected]
* This course is available for in-company delivery.
- Background on water significance & health issues:
- Water resource distribution in the world and usage
- Largest man-made river; 8th wonder of the world!
- Definition of fresh water
- Description of purified, filtered, alkaline, and recycled water
- Water usage in oil industry:
- Drilling and well completion
- Hydraulic fracturing
- Enhanced oil recovery (EOR)
- How to mmaintain the integrity of the structure and wellbore (case study)
- Solution mining and Salt dome caverns for gas storage (Video)
- Water disposal options:
- Regulatory agencies on Water Disposal
- Methods of water disposal; surface, subsurface, and water reuse
- Costs of different water disposal options (Wyoming - Powder River Basin)
- Categories of injections wells and usage
- Surface water separation facilities and disposal
- Does subsurface disposal causes earthquakes?!
- Case study on evaluation of disposal options
- Water chemistry & frac chemical:
- Scaling tendency problems; diagnoses and remedy
- Total dissolved and suspended solids
- Sour gas and oil contamination in water
- Water compatibility laboratory tests
- Frac fluid composition
- Acceptable Water Quality Standards for disposal water
- Water recycling/reclaiming:
- Benefits of water recycling/reclaiming
- Water Treatment Techniques including:
- Reversed Osmosis (video)
- Autoflot Induced Gas flotation (video)
- Mobile MULTIFLOTM Softening Technology (video)
- Closing the loops on frac water treatment
- Domestic grey water recycling (video)
- Selection of water filters (domestic and oil industry) – Case study
- Regulatory requirements/monitoring of water disposal wells:
- Wellbore construction of water disposal wells and injection volume control
- Tests to determine formation frac pressure (step-rate test and DFIT)
- Ceiling limit of injection pressure
- Limitation on pressuring up disposal zones (case study)
- Cap rock integrity for CO2 sequestration
- Engineering and technical managers and supervisors
- Operations and manufacturing managers and supervisors
- Foremen and team leaders
- Plant and field engineers
- Maintenance coordinators
- New engineers
- Those interested in obtaining a general understanding of oilfield water management
Specification: Oilfield Water Management
Saad Ibrahim, P. E.
About the Publisher
Saad Ibrahim, P. E.