9 – Alternate Porosity Models
What you will learn
- Understanding of the “single-log” porosity models, based on sonic, density, or neutron logs
- Step-by-step procedures for calculations
- “Computer-ready” mathematics
- Exercises and worked examples for further study
This quantitative course continues coverage of basic petrophysical analysis with a review of alternate porosity models based on individual log curves. While the shale corrected density neutron complex lithology porosity model is much preferred, there will be occasions when another model may be required, due to lack of data or bad hole conditions. You will learn how to determine mineral, water, and shale properties required for these models, and how to handle gas corrections. A comprehensive quantitative example and case history illustrate the methods.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Lectures 1 to 8 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and well logging.
- Shale corrected sonic log model
- Shale corrected density log model
- Shale corrected neutron log model
- Nuclear magnetic resonance porosity
- Maximum porosity model
- Water resistivity from DST or water catalog data
- Exercise 2
- Case History
Target AudienceThose who wish to become proficient in petrophysical analysis or who need to manage or make use of petrophysical results will benefit from this course, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Completion engineers,
- Stimulation engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 9 – Alternate Porosity Models
About the Publisher
- Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- Store Name: Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- E. R. (Ross) Crain, P.Eng. is a retired Consulting Petrophysicist and Professional Engineer living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. In a career that spans 50+ years, he has specialized in integrated petro... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “9 – Alternate Porosity Models”
You must be logged in to post a review.