Introducing Aspen Plus V11 for Chemical Engineering Simulation
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
1 Year 24/7
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of process simulation using Aspen Plus
- Describe the capabilities of Aspen Plus
- Familiarize yourself with Aspen Plus graphical user interface and organizational structure
- Learn the basic concepts necessary for creating simulations in Aspen Plus
- Enter necessary elements to fully define a Fluid Package
- Select the appropriate property method for your application
- Define material streams and connect unit operations to build a flowsheet
- Modify and set desired units of measure
- Review stream analysis options
- Add and connect unit operations to build a flowsheet
- Use the Report Manager to create custom unit operation and stream reports
- Use Aspen Plus to perform property analysis of pure components and mixtures
- Be prepared to take our Aspen Plus Masterclass to become an Aspen Plus advanced user if that is what you like and persist to be
Aspen Plus is a powerful engineering simulation software that you can use to model a wide range of chemical processes. It is widely used in engineering universities and in the industry, in research, development, modeling and design.
Aspen Plus serves as the engineering platform for modeling processes from Upstream through Gas Processing to Petroleum Refining, Petrochemicals, Chemicals and Pharmaceutical processes.
This online course is designed for chemical and process engineers new to Aspen Plus and who needs basic training to get started.
The course will introduce you to the basic structure of the software and leads you through a hands-on introduction to the various features of Aspen Plus, designed to facilitate the set-up of simple problems.
Features such as the material balance, access to Aspen Plus documentation, the “Next” button, menu navigation, Properties and simulation environments, and the report function are introduced.
So in just about 3 hours, this online course will :
- Show you the benefits of process simulation using Aspen Plus
- Familiarize you with Aspen Plus graphical user interface and organizational structure
- Provide you with the basic concepts necessary for creating simulations in Aspen Plus such as :
- How to enter necessary elements to define a Fluid Package
- How to select the appropriate property method for your application
- How to define material streams and connect unit operations to build a flowsheet
- How to run the simulator
- How to use the Report Manager to create custom unit operation and stream reports to view and analyze the results of your simulation
Finally, this course will also show you the basic steps to use Aspen Plus in thermodynamic instruction for property analysis of pure components and mixtures.
The knowledge gained in this course will prepare you to take our Aspen Plus Masterclass and Aspen Plus Dynamics® courses in order to become an Aspen Plus advanced user if that is what you like and persist to be.
SOFTWARE & HARDWARE :
The Aspen Plus software, like most other software, is being developed on a continuous basis and new versions are released frequently. This online course covers Aspen Plus version 11, which is the most recent version at the moment we recorded this video. Please keep in mind that this online course covers the fundamental features of Aspen Plus which do not change from version to version. The course covers the use of Aspen Plus on computers that use the Windows operating system. We assume that Aspen Plus is installed on your computer and that you have basic knowledge of operating the computer. If you are new to Aspen Plus and have little or no experience in chemical engineering simulation, then you have come to the right place.
- A background in chemical engineering or industrial chemistry
- Aspen Plus (version 8 at least) – version 11 is used in this training
CurriculumSection 1. INTRODUCTION Section #2. ABOUT ASPEN PLUS
- What is Aspen Plus?
- Why is Aspen Plus so important?
- Who uses Aspen Plus?
- How to translate a chemical process into Aspen Plus?
- Starting up Aspen plus
- Preparing to begin a simulation
- Search, find, select and enter your components
- Specify the most relevant property method for your process
- Improving the accuracy of a property method
- Save your file and learn about the different formats
- A couple of advices
- Practice session #1
- Creating a new case, entering and renaming compounds
- Checking the binary interactions
- Entering the simulation environment
- Adding a process equipment
- Adding a material stream
- More Aspen Plus features
- Entering stream properties
- Aspen Plus report options
- Running the simulation
- Discussing the results and viewing the report general settings
- How the different recommended property methods impact the simulation results
- Objectives of the next videos
- Resetting the simulator
- Modifying a property set
- Displaying stream properties on your process flowsheet
- Printing from Aspen Plus
- Viewing your results summary
- Generating your report
- Stream analysis : Stream properties
- Stream analysis : Additional features
- Adding a flash separation unit
- Specifying input data for a flash separation process
- Running the simulation and checking the results
- Taking your Aspen Plus skills to the next level?
- Flash Separation & Distillation Module : Introduction
- Liquid-Liquid Extraction Module : Introduction
- Chemical Reactor Module : Introduction
- Piping System Module : Introduction
- Economic Optimization : Introduction
- Heat Exchanger Module : Introduction
- Solids handling Module : Introduction
- Fluidized bed modeling in Aspen Plus
- Aspen Plus Safety Environment : Process description
Target AudienceProcess engineers and designers or anyone looking for the opportunity to learn how to use Aspen Energy Analyzer in a more efficient and productive manner, including:
- Chemical engineers
- Process engineers
- Design engineers
- Project engineers
- Process control engineers among others
Specification: Introducing Aspen Plus V11 for Chemical Engineering Simulation
1 Year 24/7
About the Publisher
1 Year 24/7