11 – Radioactive Sands
What you will learn
- Understanding of the various concerns implicit in radioactive and low resistivity pay zones
- Step-by-step procedures for calculations
- “Computer-ready” mathematics
- Exercises and worked examples for further study
This quantitative course continues coverage of basic petrophysical analysis into the somewhat unconventional topics of radioactive sand stones and low resistivity pay zones. You will learn the tricks of the trade that have historically baffled log analysts and delayed development of some plays for decades. Two real world examples illustrate the topic.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Lectures 1 to 10 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and well logging.
- Basics of Radioactive Sands
- Basics of Low Resistivity Pay Zones
- Exercises 8 Radioactive Sand
- Transition Zones
- Exercises 9 Low Resistivity Sand
Target AudienceThose who wish to become proficient in petrophysical analysis or who need to manage or make use of petrophysical results will benefit from this course, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Completion engineers,
- Stimulation engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 11 – Radioactive Sands
About the Publisher