Nodal Analysis – The Well Inflow Mechanism
What you will learn
This course connects reservoir engineering to well performance and petroleum engineering. Participants will learn about reservoir and fluid properties and get a deep understanding of the inflow mechanism.
Well production mechanisms are one of the most important things to understand when working at optimizing your wells. Whether your well is in natural flow or using artificial lift, mastering the concepts of inflow and outflow will allow you to understand any well behavior and optimize it.
In this class, reservoir engineering, petroleum engineering and well performance will be put together to give you strong and global understanding of the inflow mechanism. You will learn all the key concepts to master how hydrocarbons flow from the reservoir to the bottom of the well.
All parameters of the productivity index formula will be discussed. Their evolution with reservoir production and their impact on the well productivity will be explained.
- Basic knowledge on well architecture
- Awareness on the oilfield terms
- Productivity index formula, its units and different expressions
- Productivity index in biphasic production
- Gas productivity index and well inflow formula
- Characteristics of reservoir rock:
- Permeability (absolute, effective and relative)
- Oil-water relative permeability
- Oil wet vs. water wet rock – Effect on relative permeability
- Oil-gas relative permeability
- 3 phase relative permeability
- All you need to know about coning. When is it a risk?
- PVT and fluid properties:
- Hydrocarbon phase diagram
- Fluid models (black oil, volatile oil, wet gas, dry gas, retrograde condensate)
- PVT experiments (flash and differential liberation) and fluid sampling
- Bubble point pressure
- Solution GOR (Rs)
- Viscosity and its evolution vs. pressure and temperature
- Formation volume factor
- Drainage & well radius, reservoir thickness
- The difference between drainage and investigation radius
- Skin (geometrical, completion, damage…)
- Deliverability curve (linear, Vogel and composite)
- Free petroleum toolbox
- Production, Petroleum or Well Performance Engineers to maximize their well production
- Reservoir engineers to link reservoir engineering with well production
- Field Production Personnel to understand the criticality of data
- Completion or Surface Facilities Engineers to understand what they can do to help maximizing well production
Specification: Nodal Analysis – The Well Inflow Mechanism
About the Publisher
- Store Name: Increase Well Production
- With 15 years of professional experience in the industry, Damien is recognized subject matter expert in Well Performance topics, especially Gas Lift. Damien holds a master degree from the top ranke... Read More > Read More
6 reviews for Nodal Analysis – The Well Inflow Mechanism
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
aurelianorama (verified owner) –
Great course that I actually followed via the bundle which allows for an integrated course.
That part covers the downhole reservoir interface and flow aspects from the basics.
You will get the most of it if you write down notes as a school lessons and make the effort to solve yourselves the examples. It is pretty easy to follow as the instructor points the reasonning path on pictures.
Provided that, you will get a good introduction and understanding to the progress by yourself in a working environment on RWI modelizations and parameters.
Will Alboasi –
One of the best courses I have taken in well inflow and outflow. I recommend it to anyone looking to improve their understanding of this subject. Thank you Damien!!
I have taken this course as I was looking for a cost effective training alternative for field production engineers in Western Africa, during the 2015 downturn when all budgets had to be drastically reduced.
This course proved to be very interesting solution. Very good content, very clear explanations. The feedback received by the field engineers team was excellent. The knowledge of wells mechanisms improved and it was noticed in the operations.
I feel I have fully achieved my objectives with this training. I recommend this course if you are looking for a solution to train your operational staff with some years of field experience at a very competitive cost.
Interesting course to better understand reservoirs in oil and gas. I took this course and it was awesome in giving me a better understanding of wells in oil and gas production
I followed the well inflow course when beginning a career transition from geology to reservoir engineering. I found the explanations very clear and straight to the point with exercises well elaborated to reinforce the concepts and cover all the doubts. It is definitely a very good starting point for those willing to go deeper into production engineering. Strongly recommended.
ipjuanvazquez (verified owner) –
In this course you will learn and undestand the parameters that have impact in productivity index. Also you learn basic reservoir parameters and their explanaition and relationshiop between them. For sure is a course that must take it.