Water Based Mud
1 Year 24/7
What you will learn
Participants will gain and broaden their knowledge of Water Based Mud Additives, Formulation (including recipes), Contamination / Treatment and give details of specific Water Based muds.
Many people involved in drilling of an Oil or Gas well may be aware of the basic role and function of the Drilling Fluid (Mud) in drilling an Oil or Gas well but may not fully understanding how a Mud is made and the various additives that go into making a Water Based Mud and achieving specific properties. Water Based Muds can be simple and complex in their makeup and performance. This course will give participants a better understanding of how a mud is formulated to achieve specific performance criteria such as Filtration, Inhibition and will also give an overview of some of the different types of Water Based Muds in use today including High Performance fluids that are designed to meet or match Oil Based Mud performance.
- General knowledge rig operations and circulation of the drilling fluid
- Awareness on the oilfield terms
- Beginner experience in drilling
- Willingness to gain increased knowledge of the Drilling Process
- Basic Clay Chemistry
- Various Mud Systems
- High Performance Water Based Mud?s
- Contamination & the Mud Report
- Any technical and non-technical personnel, who wants to gain greater understanding of the Hole Cleaning process.
- Professionals in the office who monitor and review the rigs operations.
- Professionals who want to work on the drilling rig.
- Professionals who already work on the rig and want to become a more valuable crew member.
Specification: Water Based Mud
1 Year 24/7
About the Publisher