Understanding the Forms of Gas Lift
1 Year 24/7
What you will learn
Participants will acquire a good knowledge of the existing forms of Gas Lift activation. Pros & cons of each configuration will be discussed giving the participants the ability judge if a better form of Gas Lift is available for their well.
According to many industry experts, Gas Lift is the least understood artificial lift method, but the reason behind that is not its complexity. The issue is that when you do things wrong on other artificial lift methods (e.g. ESP) your well will stop producing, a Gas Lift well will often keep on producing even with a bad design. Hence many operators often do not realize that their Gas Lift well is not producing at its full potential and don’t pay attention to it. There is therefore a very significant potential for production increase by understanding the principles of Gas Lift and this is a huge opportunity for any engineer willing to master this activation method.
This class will present you the different forms of Gas Lift that you can find in the oil industry.
- Understanding of the well production mechanisms (inflow & outflow) is preferred
- Basic knowledge of well architecture
- Awareness of the oilfield terms
Specification: Understanding the Forms of Gas Lift
1 Year 24/7
- Gas Lift system
- Gas Lift principle & continuous Gas Lift
- Intermittent Gas Lift
- Plunger lift
- Chamber lift
- Dual Gas Lift completion
- Concentric Gas Lift
- Self Gas Lift
- Annular flow
- Side string injection
- Pig lift
- Packerless Gas Lift
- Gas Lift as a backup for ESP
- Gas Lift & jet or hydraulic piston pump
- The full video to Introduction to Gas Lift from my course "Introduction to Artificial Lift"
- Gas Lift presentation video from Weatherford
- Simplified version of the slides presented in the course
- Production, Petroleum or Well Performance Engineers
- Field Production Personnel
- Completion or Surface Facilities Engineers
About the Publisher