Performance Evaluation of Refraced Wells
What you will learn
- Become familiar with the applications of Refracing and its benefits
- Understand the impact of reservoir and frac characteristics on Refracing
- Learn about the Pitfalls of refracing
- Learn how to select good candidate wells for refracing (case studies)
- Become familiar with the techniques used to evaluate the performance expectation from refracing (Case studies)
Well refracing has become a game changer in the oil industry. However, proper planning, selection of candidate wells, and prediction of refrac results is essential. This course deals with how to evaluate the expected performance of refracing and the comparison of other option such as infill drilling using various up-to-date analytical and numerical software. Excellent handout of the course notes are offered, which can be used as a good reference.
Event Locations and Dates:
Contact us for Locations and Dates at [email protected]
* This course is available for individuals, private groups or in-company delivery.
- Introduction to the benefits of Refracing, illustrated by real example
- How refracing is performed for open and cased holes
- Review of the impact of reservoir parameters on the performance of refraced wells.
- Methods of determining reservoir parameters from PTA, PTA, and DFIT
- How to select the best location of refracing
- Identification of sweet spots
- Identification of natural fractures
- Identification of operational problems during original fracing
- Case studies using analytical and numerical models on refrac optimization
- Evaluation of flow-back period (clean-up period)
- Refrac optimization; frac stage spacing, frac fluids, use of diverters
- Is the pressure interference of Hz wells beneficial?!
- Optimization of parent/child well performance
Target AudienceThis course is aimed at all the technical staff such as reservoir, petroleum and exploitation engineers/technologists, geophysicists, who are involved in Hydraulic Fracturing.
Specification: Performance Evaluation of Refraced Wells
About the Publisher
$899.00 $699.00 $899.00 $699.00