Petrophysics of Carbonates
What you will learn
- The petrophysics of carbonates, including the “new carbonates” in resource plays.
This course will review core data, petrophysical comparisons, and rock physics modeling (including pseudo logs and mechanical properties).
- Basic Petrophysics:
- What do we need to know about carbonates?
- What makes carbonates different?
- Porosity Logs
- Resistivity Logs
- Gamma Ray
- Lithology of carbonates and well logs:
- Calcium carbonate
- Dolomitic carbonates
- Clay minerals in carbonates
- Cherty carbonates
- Carbonate textures and well logs / petrophysics:
- Interpretations – The Basics with a focus on carbonates
- Shale calculations
- Porosity calculations
- Resistivity/Porosity cross plots to solve Archie’s equation
- Influence of clays
- Saturation determination
- Permeability estimates
- Cores vs. well logs
- Petrophysics of Carbonates as they relate to seismic
- Key issues
- Basic concepts and issuesCarbonate Petrophysics and Reservoir Characterization
Target AudienceAnyone needing to know more about carbonates and how to improve exploration in carbonate reservoirs.
Specification: Petrophysics of Carbonates
About the Publisher