New Manager Training Starter Kit
What you will learn
- Explain the differences between Technical skills, Human skills, and Conceptual skills
- Provide examples of why the balance of skill usage changes as a person moves up the career ladder
- Know and explain the purpose behind the vision and mission of your company or department
- Set SMART goals that align with the organization’s vision and mission
- Compare and contrast the traits of leaders using Positional Power vs. Personal Power
- Identify behaviors that provide good examples for employees to follow
- Develop goals for increasing trust using the Transactional Trust Model
- Recognize and identify how personal values affect decisions and actions in the workplace
- Explain how different perspectives bring value
- Develop methods for discovering others’ perspectives
- Tie personal values personal values to a manager’s SMART goals
- Explain the need to challenge a process even if it appears to be working well
- Apply the 5 Whys to identify the root cause of a problem
- Identify types of decision-making criteria applied to a specific problem
- List resources and activities that aid employees to perform their jobs
- Explain when training may be a better approach than direction
- Compare and contract reinforcement and feedback
- Explain the 4:1 ratio and explore ways to apply it in the work environment
Making the jump from employee to manager is both exciting and challenging. The skills that got you the job aren’t the same skills that will help you succeed in management. It’s time to focus on developing the skills to communicate as a leader and to influence and coordinate employees in a way that empowers and motivates them.
This course follows the story of new manager, Aaron, as he learns to lead in way that brings his team together to accomplish their goals. The New Manager Starter Kit gathers the best of the best practices for leadership skills, power, and goal setting. Are you ready to be an exemplary leader?
With eight modules that include both instruction and vignettes, students will watch as Aaron faces the challenges of going from team member to manager. He must learn to lead by example, work together with his employees to set goals, and enable his team to succeed. How will the team deal with inventory problems and relationship issues with vendors? Will Aaron, Tish, Randall, and Keith come together to create a team in which they all feel valued?
- Exploring the New Manager Skill Set
- Setting SMART Goals
- Understanding Leadership and Power
- Five Best Practices: Model the Way
- Five Best Practices: Inspire a Shared Vision
- Five Best Practices: Challenge the Process
- Five Best Practices: Enable Others to Act
- Five Best Practices: Encourage the Heart
Target AudienceThis course is aimed at professionals who are leading a team or about to take on the management path in their careers.
Specification: New Manager Training Starter Kit
About the Publisher
- Store Name: bigger-brains
- Bigger Brains produces award-winning online training content in their “Uniquely Engaging” Teacher/Learner format. On average, Bigger Brains instructors have over 17 years of experience in their... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “New Manager Training Starter Kit”
You must be logged in to post a review.