24 – Inversion, Vertical Seismic Profiles, Amplitude Versus Offset
What you will learn
- Understanding of advanced seismic processing applications
- Procedures for using logs to calibrate seismic inversions and AVO models
- “Computer ready” mathematics
- Insight into how log analysis can support geophysical interpretations
This course provides an overview of advanced topics in seismic petrophysics, including attribute analysis, seismic inversion, vertical seismic profiles (VSP), and amplitude versus offset (AVO). It is intended as a primer for non-geophysicists who work with logs in support of geophysical projects. You will learn how these processes are performed, how logs are used to calibrate results, and how geophysical and geological interpretations are made from them. Numerous examples and case histories are included.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Lectures 1 to 13 and 21 to 23 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and well logging.
- Seismic Concepts for Non-Geophysicists
- Seismic Data Acquisition
- Seismic Attributes Basics
- Seismic Inversion Procedures
- Capturing Low Frequency Components
- Displaying Seismic Inversion Traces
- Case Histories: Seismic Inversion
- Porosity/Lithology From Shear Seismic
- Case Histories: Porosity/Lithology
- Vertical Seismic Profile Concepts
- Vertical Seismic Profiles On Wireline
- Vertical Seismic Profiles While Drilling
- Case Histories: Vertical Seismic Profiles
- Amplitude Versus Offset (AVO)
- Case Histories: Amplitude Versus Offset
- Exercise 24
Target AudienceThose who need to generate log analysis results in aid of seismic modeling, synthetic seismograms, seismic inversion, or AVO models, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 24 – Inversion, Vertical Seismic Profiles, Amplitude Versus Offset
About the Publisher
- Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- Store Name: Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- E. R. (Ross) Crain, P.Eng. is a retired Consulting Petrophysicist and Professional Engineer living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. In a career that spans 50+ years, he has specialized in integrated petro... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “24 – Inversion, Vertical Seismic Profiles, Amplitude Versus Offset”
You must be logged in to post a review.