How to Troubleshoot PLCs
What you will learn
In this 4-hour course, students will learn the basics about PLC Troubleshooting along with hands-on practice using an emulator that you can download from Rockwell Automation. In the course, you will find 6 essentials for troubleshooting, which include: Understanding the difference between Relay logic and Ladder Logix, the functionality of I/O Modules, -XIO instructions, -XIC instructions, -OTE instructions and how to think like a processor. In the hands-on portion of the course, you will learn how to configure a RS232 Driver, How to Commission a new processor, How to Save – download and go line, How to Write programs that enhance your understanding of how a processor thinks and, How to apply powerful tips for troubleshooting that will place you ahead of the curve.
This is a “Hands On PLC Troubleshooting” course using the Allen Bradley SLC 500 (DH485) Emulator. The goal of the course is two-fold:
- To provide “Hands On Training” that is affordable.
- To create confidence and success in troubleshooting PLCs.
Whether you are new to the world of PLCs or just want to sharpen your troubleshooting skills, then this course is for you!
CurriculumPart I will cover the 6 essentials for troubleshooting which are:
- Understanding the difference between Relay logic and Ladder Logix
- Understanding the functionality of I/O Modules
- Understand the -XIO instructions
- Understand the -XIC instructions
- Understand the -OTE instructions
- Think like a processor
- How to configure a RS232 Driver
- How to Commission a new processor
- How to Save - download and go line
- How to Write programs that enhances your understanding of how a processor thinks
- How to apply powerful tips for troubleshooting that will place you ahead of the curve
- Automation Technicians and Engineers,
- PLC Technicians,
- Electrical Engineers,
- Plant Maintenance, and
- Operational Professionals
Specification: How to Troubleshoot PLCs
About the Publisher
- Store Name: PLC for Oil and Gas
- Jim Joros, known as the PLC Guru has over 40 years of experience in the electrical field ranging from rewinding motors, a Motor Room Electrician in a 80” Rolling Mill to an Electrical Control Techni... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “How to Troubleshoot PLCs”
You must be logged in to post a review.