Hole Cleaning in Drilling Operations
What you will learn
Participants will gain and broaden their knowledge of the Hole Cleaning process, what affects it and the results of poor cleaning such as the formation of cuttings beds and packoffs. You will also learn some good drilling practices to improve hole cleaning and the correct application of various cleaning Pills.
Many people involved in drilling of an Oil or Gas well may be aware of the basic role and function of the Drilling Fluid (Mud) but not have a thorough understanding of one of its most important functions, that is keeping the hole clean.
Solids build up in the well bore as the formation is drilled and if not transported out of the hole will eventually create a situation where the drill string can become stuck and the entire well is placed in jeopardy.
This course will give participants an in depth knowledge of how cuttings are transported, the various forces acting upon the cutting in the well bore, the function and application of Rheology and Viscosity. As well as the indicators of poor hole cleaning, good hole cleaning techniques and the correct application of pills.
- General knowledge rig operations and circulation of the drilling fluid
- Awareness on the oilfield terms
- Beginner experience in drilling
- Willingness to gain increased knowledge of the Drilling Process
- Why Clean the Hole?
- Forces, Velocities & Settling
- Cuttings Beds (prevention, formation and removal)
- Flow Characteristics
- Poor Hole Cleaning Indicators
- Best Hole Cleaning Practices
- Rheology and Viscosity
- Pills Function & Applications
- Any technical and non-technical personnel, who wants to gain greater understanding of the Hole Cleaning process.
- Professionals in the office who monitor and review the rigs operations.
- Professionals who want to work on the drilling rig.
- Professionals who already work on the rig and want to become a more valuable crew member.
Specification: Hole Cleaning in Drilling Operations
About the Publisher
- Store Name: Greg Gibbons
- Gregory Gibbons has over 40 years of experience in the Oil Industry, 38 of which have been specializing in Drilling Fluids. He has worked worldwide for all the Major Service Companies including Baker ... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “Hole Cleaning in Drilling Operations”
You must be logged in to post a review.