EPC Sales and Proposals 101
What you will learn
- Better understanding of the importance and complexity of the “Sales/Proposal Process” within EPC firm.
- Key elements and procedures required to maintain or improve successful outcomes.
This course on EPC Sales and Proposals 101 – Fundamentals of Engineering, Procurement & Construction Proposals and Sales for the Energy Industry, will identify and discuss the key components and steps utilized in the pursuit of the sale of EPC projects and EPC services e.g. prospect identification, ranking, deciding to bid or not to bid, key steps in the proposal preparation process, approach to pricing, and selling approach. Accordingly, it will address the respective roles, skill sets and responsibilities of the sale/business development (BD) professional and proposal manager within the EPC organization.
CurriculumPART 1: Selling & Business Development (BD)
- Importance of Selling & Business Development (BD) for EPC in the Energy Industry?
- What is Selling & Business Development (BD)?
- What is Successful Selling & BD (On the Surface)?
- What is Successful Selling & BD (Behind the Scenes)?
- Who is the SELLER in the Energy Industry?
- Who is the BUYER in the Energy Industry?
- What are the various types of Clients in the Energy Industry?
- What are the various types of SERVICES being sold in the Energy Industry?
- What are the core issues that every SALES person must deal with?!
- What does the overall Energy EPC Services Market look like?
- What is the actual role (Responsibility & Accountability) of the Sales/BD person in the EPC Industry?
- What is the SELLING/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROCESS in the EPC Industry?
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- How do you plan and prepare a QUALIFICATIONS PACKAGE, BID or COMMERCIAL PROPOSAL?
- What happens when you WIN?
- What happens when you LOSE?
- Why are Proposals important for Successful Selling in the EPC Industry?
- Key Meetings
- Winning Strategy
- Proposal Plan & Kick-off
- Midpoint Progress Review
- Executive Management Midpoint Review
- Peer (Red/Blue) Team Review
- Operations Review
- Executive Management Final Review
- Pricing Review by Pricing Review Committee
- Executive Management Pricing Review
- Major Proposal Preparation Activities
- Assign Proposal Core Team
- identify Clients Wants & Needs
- Identify Proposal Deliverables
- Prepare Proposal Strategy
- Create Proposal Plan & Hold Kick-off Meeting
- Define Proposal Work Tasks
- Prepare Project Scope of Work
- Develop Project Execution Plans
- Prepare Risk Analysis
- Prepare Commercial Elements
- Assemble Technical Definition
- Create Technical Proposal
- Develop Total Project Cost
- Create Un-priced Commercial Proposal
- Employees of EPC firms who are currently engaged in Marketing, Sales, BD or Proposal activities, including anyone involved directly or indirectly in the EPC selling process e.g. sales/BD activities, determining what to bid, proposal preparation, costing and pricing, commercial terms, sale and follow up.
- Professionals or trainees in Marketing, Sales/BD, Proposals, Project/Program Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Technology, Commercial, Legal, Financial and Quality Assurance.
- Employees of EPC Owner/Operator customers who select and evaluate bids from EPC firms.
- Organizations looking to sell products and services to oil and gas companies.
Specification: EPC Sales and Proposals 101
About the Publisher