33 – Laminated Sand
What you will learn
- Insights into log response when rock layers are thinner than logging tool resolution
- Step-by-step procedures for analysis
- “Computer ready” mathematics
- Answer oriented results, with quality control guided by core assays
This course covers the numerical log analysis methods for evaluating laminated shaly sands and laminated porosity in sandstones. You will learn the specialized knowledge required to to calculate effective porosity and water saturation in this unconventional environment. Various alternate models and examples specific to this environment are provided.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Lectures 1 to 11 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and logging tool response.
- Laminated Reservoir Basics
- Resistivity in Anisotropic Reservoirs
- 3-D Induction Logs
- Alternate Models ? Laminated Shaly Sands
- Laminated Shaly Sand Quality Indicators
- Reservoir Quality from Hester?s Number
- Laminated Sand Analysis Example
Target AudienceThose who wish to broaden their exposure to unconventional uses of well logs, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Stimulation engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 33 – Laminated Sand
About the Publisher