Mini Frac (DFIT) Applications
What you will learn
- Obtain a quick overview on well test analysis techniques
- Understand the benefits of the DFIT and what reservoir parameters and rock mechanic parameters could be obtained.
- Learn why DFIT is frequently combined with Step-up and/or step-down tests
- Learn the applications of the (DFIT) or Mini Frac to meet the requirements of the AER
- Learn how to extract parameters from DFIT used for frac design including:
- Pre-Frac Closure (leakoff types, closure pressure, ISIP)
- After Closure Analysis (ACA) to obtain formation permeability & pressure
- Numerous case studies from the Duvernay and other formations
- Learn how to design DFIT to ensure conclusive results are obtained.
- Review cap rock testing methods.
The purpose of this one-day course is to offer the most practical applications of the Diagnostic Fracture Injection Test (DFIT). The DFIT has become a very important test for tight and unconventional reservoirs, which yields very essential reservoir information for reservoir management and also to optimize frac design at a low cost. Different techniques are used in the DFIT such as the G-Function. Several case studies are offered using commercial software to allow hands-on-experience. Also, the methods of designing the DFIT are discussed to ensure conclusive results are obtained. Excellent handout of the course notes are offered, which can be used as a good reference.
Event Locations and Dates:
Contact us for Locations and Dates at [email protected]
* This course is available for in-company delivery.
- Technical background on well test analysis
- Diagnostic Fracture injection Test (DFIT) or mini Frac
- Analysis techniques, including:
- Pre-closure analysis
- After Closure Analysis (ACA)
- After-flow analysis and cap rock testing
- Case studies using commercial software for analysis of DFIT, studies including tests from Duverney, Haynesville
- Use of DFIT results for practical applications, including:
- Identification of the presence of natural fractures
- Stress calibration and identification of natural fractures
- Use of Net Fracture Pressure to monitor frac progress
- DFIT design to ensure conclusive results are obtained
Target AudienceThis course is aimed at all technical staff such as reservoir, petroleum and exploitation engineers/technologists, geophysicists, and geologists who are involved in well production/injection optimization of the unconventional and hydraulic frac design.
Specification: Mini Frac (DFIT) Applications
About the Publisher
- Store Name: Saad Ibrahim
- Saad Ibrahim, P.Eng., an independent consultant and president of Petro Management Group Ltd., established in Calgary (1994). Graduated from the University of Alexandria (Egypt) with B.Sc. in ... Read More > Read More
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted