28 – Coal Analysis
What you will learn
- Insights and specific quantitative calculation sequence for coal bed analysis
- “Computer ready” mathematics
- Answer oriented results, with quality control guided by core assays
This course covers numerical log analysis methods for evaluating coal beds. The method is based on the use of logs to simulate a lab derived Proximate coal analysis. You will learn the specialized knowledge required to calculate fixed carbon, moisture, and ash content. Examples specific to this environment are provided.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Lectures 1 to 11 and 27 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and logging tool response.
- Coal Basics
- Proximate Analysis
- Visual Analysis of Coal
- Coal Analysis Models
- Calculating Coal Properties from Logs
- Coal Analysis Examples
Target AudienceThose who wish to broaden their exposure to unconventional uses of well logs, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Mining engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 28 – Coal Analysis
About the Publisher