29 – Coal Bed Methane Reservoirs
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
What you will learn
- Insights and specific quantitative calculation sequence for coal bed methane analysis
- “Computer ready” mathematics
- Answer oriented results, with quality control guided by core assays
This short course covers numerical log analysis methods for evaluating coal bed methane (CBM) reservoirs. The method is based on the use of a lab derived Proximate coal analysis or a log analysis for coal components (Lecture 28). You will learn the specialized knowledge required to calculate adsorbed gas content in scf per ton of rock. and how to calibrate this result to core analysis data. Examples specific to this environment are provided.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Lectures 1 to 11 and 28 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology and logging tool response.
- Coal Bed Methane Basics
- Sorption Isotherms For Coal Bed Methane
- Gas Content from Core or Samples
- CBM Gas In Place
- CBM Gas Content Models
- CBM Analysis Example
Target AudienceThose who wish to broaden their exposure to unconventional uses of well logs, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Completion engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 29 – Coal Bed Methane Reservoirs
About the Publisher