Sequence Stratigraphy Applied to Exploration Training
What you will learn
- To recognize and map hydrocarbon play elements in different settings.
- To interpret cores, well-logs, and seismic lines.
- To use the method of sequence stratigraphy to define play, prospects and predict play elements presence and quality in seismic data.
- How the concepts of sequence stratigraphy were developed.
- What are the basic terminology and definitions of sequence stratigraphy.
- How to use the concept of facies, facies stacking and shoreline trajectory to define parasequences , surfaces, and systems tracts.
- The main controls on depositional sequences.
- The accommodation Succession Method and Sequence Stratigraphy Hierarchy.
- Chronostratigraphic techniques.
- To apply the sequence stratigraphic method in non-marine, shallow marine and deep marine environments.
Sequence Stratigraphy is a method developed to support geoscientists in the geologic interpretation of subsurface data, with the objective of predicting play elements presence and quality before drilling. The method can be applied to cores, well logs, seismic lines (2-D and 3-D) and outcrops and in all depositional environments. The course will review the basic terminology of surfaces, systems tracts, sequence sets and stratigraphic hierarchy, and their definitions. The method will be described and applied in training sketches and datasets to later be used to interpret subsurface data in non-marine, shallow marine and deep marine depositional settings. The emphasis will be in the recognition and mapping of play elements from exploration to production scales.
Locations and Dates:
- Calgary, Canada – May 27-31, 2019
- Denver, CO – Jun 17-21, 2019
- Aberdeen, Scotland – Jul 15-19, 2019
- Houston, TX – Aug 5-9, 2019
- Frankfurt, Germany – Sept 9-13, 2019
Specification: Sequence Stratigraphy Applied to Exploration Training
- Introduction - Class Objectives
- Stratigraphy History
- Price River C - Core Description, and Interpretation
- Sequence Stratigraphy Concepts
- Lithostratigraphy vs Chronostratigraphy Correlations
- Sequence Stratigraphy Method Applied to Well-Log
- Well-Log Interpretation Correlation
- Urdanetta Exercise - Well Log interpretation and Correlation
- Well-Log Loop-Tie Interpretation and Mapping
- Sequence Stratigraphy Method Applied to Seismic
- Idealized Depositional Sequences
- Fundamentals of Seismic Stratigraphic Interpretation
- Sequence Sets and Composite Sequences
- Seismic Stratigraphic mapping at Exploration Scale
- Play Definition at Regional Scale - North Sea
- Seismic Facies Mapping
- Woodbine Seismic Facies and EoD Mapping
- Reservoir Distribution in Deep Water Settings
- East Breaks Seismic Interpretation and Mapping
- Play Elements Distribution and Stratigraphic Trap Styles
- Identification of Stratigraphic Traps in Deep Water Settings
- Reservoir Compartments in Deltaic and DW Reservoirs
- High Resolution Mapping at Production Scale - Deltaic reservoirs
- High Resolution Mapping at Production Scale - DW Reservoirs
- Petroleum geologists
- Reservoir modelers
- Seismic interpreters
- Reservoir engineers
About the Publisher