Running Effective, Efficient Meetings
What you will learn
The course will focus on things participants can do to improve their meeting management and facilitation skills. Specifically, it will give participants tools to help them:
- Plan better meetings
- Become more polished and confident meeting facilitators and managers
- Run meetings more smoothly and incident-free
- Handle time and situations more effectively and efficiently
It’s been said that for the millions of hours petroleum industry professionals spend going to – and participating in – meetings, only a mere fraction of those hours actually produces results that are worthy of the time these professionals spend away from doing their jobs.
Meetings can be either a curse or a boon to corporate communication. When poorly designed and implemented, they accomplish little and can become virtual breeding grounds for confusion, tension, frustration, boredom and negativity. However, when properly planned and managed, they are extremely positive and dynamic ways to exchange ideas, shape policy, resolve problems, and effect change.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to plan, conduct, and facilitate meetings that accomplish their stated goals and that make them worthwhile events to attend.
- Why Hold Meetings
- Step 1 - Making a list
- Step 2 - Writing an agenda
- Step 3 - Notifying and distributing
- Step 4 - Reviewing and verifying
- Step 5- Following up and following through
- "Quick" Planning
- Introductory comments
- Are your meeting dull or uninspiring
- Do attendees question the usefulness of your meetings
- Are critical issues avoided or overlooked during your meetings
- Do attendees hold back during your meetings
- Do your meetings end without resolution of critical issues
- Do you discuss administrative, tactical, and strategic topics during the same meeting
- Are important discussions cut short because of time constraints?
- Do attendees appear disengaged during your meetings
- Starting your meeting
- Post conclusion
- The 12 steps to running effective, efficient meetings
Target AudienceThis course is for petroleum industry professionals who run meetings as a part of doing business.
Specification: Running Effective, Efficient Meetings
About the Publisher
- David Pelton
- Store Name: Pelton Communications
- Dr. David Pelton has been a professional communicator for over 40 years and has taught courses in communication and communication-related subjects for a number of national and international training/d... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “Running Effective, Efficient Meetings”
You must be logged in to post a review.