4 – Log Response
What you will learn
The log response equation, definitions of important terms, and an overview of Archie’s equations which govern how we determine hydrocarbons from water, including:
- Foundation for all future lectures in petrophysical analysis
- Basic definitions of important terms
- Underlying mathematical principles of petrophysical analysis
This quantitative course continues coverage of basic petrophysical analysis with a discussion of the log analysis model. This is the foundation Lecture for all of quantitative petrophysical analysis. You may think you know all this, but l’ll bet you will find at least one new concept here.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Course 1 to 3 OR equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of geology is helpful but not required.
- The Basic Petrophysical Analysis Model
- The Log Response Equation
- Definitions Needed to Understand Petrophysics
- Quicklook Analysis Rules
- Archie's Laws
Target AudienceThose who wish to become proficient in petrophysical analysis or who need to manage or make use of petrophysical results will benefit from this course, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Completion engineers,
- Stimulation engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 4 – Log Response
About the Publisher