What you will learn
- Understand what Kaizen is, how to use it, and what to expect as an outcome
- Understand KPI’s, the difference between lead and lag measures, and how to properly define
If you’ve tried to change processes, but your meetings have been disjointed and unorganized with little to no impact. If you aren’t sure what to measure or how to measure what is going on in your team, then this course is for you.
This course will expose you to KAIZEN – the practice of continuous improvement, so you will be able to use Kaizen events to coordinate your teams in solving problems and develop a culture of continuous improvement. Out of your Kaizen events, you will also understand how to develop appropriate KPI’s that are lead measurements to drive pro active behavior in your growing continuous improvement culture.
- Introduction to Lean Methodology
- Welcome to the course
- Definition of Kaizen
- Elements of Kaizen event
- Goals of a Kaizen event
- What Kaizen looks like, and rules
- Review PDCA wheel in conjunction with Kaizen
- Sustaining the gains
- Kaizen pitfalls
- Process basics
- Lead vs. Lag indicators
- Redefining the Target Condition
- How to establish KPIs
- KPI examples
Target AudienceAnyone wanting to gain knowledge on how to better lead teams in problem solving initiatives, and want to come out with metrics that are relevant to the team and will help drive performance.
About the Publisher