26 – Cement Integrity
What you will learn
- Understanding of cement strength and bond log response
- Understanding of CBL tool theory and practice
- “Computer ready” mathematics
- Insight into log quality problems that affect cement analysis
- Permanent reference material
This semi-quantitative course covers all topics needed to calculate cement strength and bond index in both neat and light weight cements. You will learn how to analyze both modern and older style cement integrity logs. Numerous examples are used to illustrate CBL, VDL, CMT, CET, and USI logs. Casing and tubing inspection logs and a case history are also covered. This course is critical for completion and stimulation engineers, since a successful frac job is impossible in bad cement.
- Crain’s Integrated Petrophysics, Courses 1 to 11 or equivalent background.
- Basic understanding of well completion concepts.
- Types of Cement Integrity Logs
- Temperature Logs
- Cement Bond Logs (CBL)
- Cement Bond-Variable Density Logs (CBL-VDL)
- Cement Mapping Logs (CMT, CET, PET)
- Ultrasonic Imaging Logs (USI, RBT)
- Casing / Tubing Inspection
- Ultrasonic Methods
- Electromagnetic Methods
- Multi-Finger Caliper Methods
- Case History
- Exercises 26
Target AudienceThose who wish to broaden their skills in more advanced uses of well logs, including:
- Log analysts,
- Reservoir engineers,
- Completion engineers,
- Stimulation engineers, and
- University / Tech school students
Specification: 26 – Cement Integrity
About the Publisher
- Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- Store Name: Crain's Petrophysical Handbook
- E. R. (Ross) Crain, P.Eng. is a retired Consulting Petrophysicist and Professional Engineer living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. In a career that spans 50+ years, he has specialized in integrated petro... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “26 – Cement Integrity”
You must be logged in to post a review.