Become a Gas Lift Expert – 5 Course Bundle
What you will learn
This bundle includes the 5 courses by Damien Leonard:
- Understanding the Forms of Gas Lift
- Gas Lift Equipment
- Gas Lift Unloading Sequence and Mandrel Spacing Design
- Gas Lift Optimization and Design with Existing Mandrels
- Gas Lift Troubleshooting
This is your chance to become a Gas Lift Expert! Learn how to maximize the production of your gas lift wells and how to make the most out of gas lift equipment or technology.
Are you often uncertain about how to interpret your gas lift well behavior? Do you know when it produces at its full potential? Are you lost in front of all the products that suppliers want to sell to you?
This bundle of courses gets you all the answers you are looking for and more!
Starting from the very beginning you will learn all the secrets of gas lift and unlock:
- Cost savings through smarter product selection and better product knowledge to gain advantages during price negotiations
- Production increase with minimal investment and work
- The great feeling of being in control of your gas lifted wells!
If you are a Junior Engineer:
Get a better understanding of the technical discussions at work. Get the knowledge to become an active participant in meetings rather than just watching your peers. Make a positive contribution in technical email exchanges by giving your analysis of the situation. Challenge more senior engineers and impress your manager with your understanding of the topic. Propose ideas to generate production increase and gain visibility among management.
If you are a Manager:
Stay ahead of the curve by simply watching videos. Get new ideas to increase production. Use course schematics to train your team and get their respect by teaching them new things. Evaluate course content and see how much time you could save by having your team follow it. How much easier your job could be if they mastered the content?
If you work for a Service company:
Gain credibility and trust of your customers by proposing solutions that are more adequate for their well behavior. Get the ability to capture the right problem of the well and share business opportunities inside your organization among colleagues in charge of the right product lines.
- Basic knowledge on well architecture
- Awareness of oilfield terms
- Gas Lift system
- Gas Lift principle & continuous Gas Lift
- Intermittent Gas Lift
- Plunger lift
- Chamber lift
- Dual Gas Lift completion
- Concentric Gas Lift
- Self Gas Lift
- Annular flow
- Side string injection
- Pig lift
- Packerless Gas Lift
- Gas Lift as a backup for ESP
- Gas Lift & jet or hydraulic piston pump
- Conventional and side pocket mandrels
- Gas Lift mandrels with check valve
- Running/pulling /kick over tools
- SPM and kick over tools
- 1st generation of kick over tools
- Special kick over tools
- Well unloading
- Gas Lift valve types
- Dummy valves
- Gas Lift pack off
- Orifice valves
- Venturi orifices
- Unloading valves
- Casing and tubing pressure operated valves
- GLV calibration procedure
- GLV test block
- Valve throttling effect
- Flag valve
- Special gas lift valves
- Electric gas lift valves
- Gas Lift injection below packer
- Surface equipment
- Plunger lift equipment
- Unloading the well basic principle
- Initial unloading following a drilling or a WO (how to empty your casing of the mud/brine without damaging your valves)
- Unloading sequence with IPO valves
- Unloading sequence with PPO valves
- Gas Lift unloading principle explained by counting bubbles of gas
- Gas gradient formula and rule of thumb to quickly calculate your casing pressure at any depth
- Put it all together with an exercise (inflow/outflow/Mandrel Spacing design)
- Unloading sequence videos from suppliers
- Why installing a Gas Lift mandrel in a well portion where deviation is higher than 60°
- Side pocket mandrel design principles (where should you install your side pocket mandrels)
- How to choose your kick of pressure
- Guidelines to make a side pocket mandrel design with Prosper (how to fill the “Gas Lift design new” form in Prosper).
- Optimization starts with good monitoring
- Optimization by Gas Lift rate change
- Gas Lift design optimization – cases review
- Can I optimize a Gas Lift well by choking it?
- How to identify Gas Lift wells that can be optimized
- Exercise – Propose a Gas Lift design for a well using abacus
- Why changing your Mandrel Spacing design?
- Why changing your Gas Lift design using existing mandrels?
- How to determine the targeted liquid rate of a well following a GL design?
- Process to perform a Gas Lift design using Prosper
- How to fill the “Gas Lift design – Existing Mandrels” form in Prosper
- Dual Gas Lift completion optimization and design
- The troubleshooting challenge – how to identify wells that need troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting methodology
- Problem & symptoms table
- Troubleshooting flowcharts presentations
- Review of all possible issues one by one, their symptoms, the available diagnostics, the possible causes and the solutions
- Troubleshooting summary – The most useful solutions that should always be tried
- Nodal analysis – The Quicklook and Multipoint Quicklook in Prosper
- The effect of temperature on Gas Lift Valve opening & closing pressure
- The different method to start a Gas Lift well and when to use each of them
- Generalities on tubing casing leaks
- Tubing casing communication tests - Procedure and depth estimation
- Leak depth methods of identification review – description, advantages and limitations
- Pressure/Temperature/Spinner surveys (and also how to use them for monitoring)
- Multi finger caliper
- Leak detection tool by Peak Well System
- Pony tail and tell tale
- Spectral noise logging tool
- CO2 tracer aka WellTracer from AppSmiths
- Summary table for better selection of most appropriate method
- Description of available solutions to fix a leak
- Use of an Echometer to confirm a leak
- Troubleshooting exercises
- Barton Charts analysis
- The full video "Introduction to Gas Lift" (18 min) from my course "Introduction to Artificial Lift"
- Gas lift presentation video from Weatherford
- Gas lift pack off presentation video from Weatherford
- Video presenting available solutions for gas lift well integrity from PTC
- Perflift presentation video from Schlumberger
- Animations showing gas lift valve installation using a kick over tool
- A flash application from ILS describing the unloading sequence
- Technical documentations of some of the equipment presented in the course
- A document from PTC (available on their website as well) giving guidelines for gas lift design
- Links to download a gas lift manual form international supplier, a free gas lift simulator from gas lift industry expert and access to a gas compressibility factor calculator.
- A quiz at the end of each course to test your knowledge
- All the illustrations presented in the course
- Production, Petroleum or Well Performance Engineers looking to maximize their gas lift well production
- Field Production Personnel looking to understand the importance of data as well as day to day monitoring and optimization
- Completion or Surface Facilities Engineers looking to understand what they can do to help maximize gas lift well production
- Oil and Gas professionals looking to master gas lift
Specification: Become a Gas Lift Expert – 5 Course Bundle
About the Publisher
- Store Name: Increase Well Production
- With 15 years of professional experience in the industry, Damien is recognized subject matter expert in Well Performance topics, especially Gas Lift. Damien holds a master degree from the top ranke... Read More > Read More
There are no reviews yet.
30-day money back guarantee
Secure encrypted payment
All Credit cards Accepted
Be the first to review “Become a Gas Lift Expert – 5 Course Bundle”
You must be logged in to post a review.